Broken Kode Discussion Forums

A place to talk about the Rin and Manji themes

You are not logged in.

#1 29-11-2005 18:39:34

MacManX
Website

How Can I Perfectly Center the Sidebar H2s and HMenu Links?

I have been working on this for a week, but I'm just about ready to give up.  The HMenu links and Sidebar H2s seems to change vertical positions depending on monitor resolution.  For example, they are perfectly aligned when viewed on my my iMac at 1680 x 1050, and they are tolerable on my PowerBook at 1280 x 854, but they begin to show some visual separation from their background JPEGs when viewed on my primary work computer at 1024 x 768, and they are almost beginning to move below their background JPEGs when viewed on my secondary work computer at 800 x 600.  These results are being quoted from Firefox v1.0.7, and IE v6.0 magnifies the problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

#2 12-12-2005 21:55:36

Father Luke
Website

Re: How Can I Perfectly Center the Sidebar H2s and HMenu Links?

Have you been to the style.css where it says:

#sidebar {
position: relative;
float: left;
width: 225px;
margin: 0 0 0 10px;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 1.0em;
text-align: left; /* IE hack Part 2 */
display: inline;
}

I believe if you play around with the variables in there you may find a fix.

Best always,
Father Luke

#3 12-12-2005 23:56:19

MacManX
Website

Re: How Can I Perfectly Center the Sidebar H2s and HMenu Links?

Thanks for stopping by to help, but that entry only effects the sidebar as a whole.  I'm looking for the specific sidebar titles and nav bar titles.  Similar in thought, I have spent hours attempting to alter the "#sidebar h2", "#hmenu", and "#hnav ul li a" entries, but sadly to no avail.  The main problem that is proving to be most frustrating is that these links are moving out of their boundaries depending on which screen resolution is in use.

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

Board footer