Broken Kode Discussion Forums

A place to talk about the Rin and Manji themes

You are not logged in.

#1 18-10-2005 19:33:36

grant
Website

this is gonna sound dumb to some

Okay, my basic question involves the hmenu and hnav info.  I notice that some of you have sites with one or two of these.  I can't for some reason get mine to work right.  Now, I'm very new to php and wordpress in general.  Basically my question would be; how do I move a link to the left side of the top bar?  I'm talking about the top bar with the search and login links that are on the right side.  I want to move some that I've added to the left side of that top bar.  Sorry if this is a dumb request.  As I said above, I'm very new to this stuff. 

Here's a screenshot to kind of illistrate what I'd like to do:

Many thanks in advance.

grant

#2 20-10-2005 19:08:41

beev
Website

Re: this is gonna sound dumb to some

You need to open up and edit your "style.css" file. Very near the top of the file, you have #header and #hmenu.

#header controls how the blog title is displayed on the left of the navbar.

#hmenu controls the appearance of the stuff you want to move. You need to adjust the values here so that the text aligns itself on the left. You might also need to adjust the margins.

#3 22-10-2005 08:25:28

grant
Website

Re: this is gonna sound dumb to some

Yeah, I've tried goofing around with all that here and there some, but the margins didn't even cross my mind for some strange reason.  It's probably that, so I'll re-work some stuff when I get a chance to and see what happens.

Thanks, beev.

Board footer