Broken Kode Discussion Forums

A place to talk about the Rin and Manji themes

You are not logged in.

#1 21-09-2005 18:15:06

MacManX
Website

Smooth-Scrolling Javascript Origin

Hey, Khaled, I was wondering where Rin's smooth-scrolling javascript originated from.  I'm asking because I would like to know if there have been any updates to the script since its inclusion with Rin v1.1.  Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

#2 22-09-2005 14:40:15

khaled
Administrator
Website

Re: Smooth-Scrolling Javascript Origin

Well I originally got it (and I really should include that in the manual) from this website: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/scroll … javascript

If there's a better way of doing it I'd love to know about it, since I know (from you smile ) that it doesn't farewell in the whole Safari environment ...

#3 22-09-2005 15:17:48

MacManX
Website

Re: Smooth-Scrolling Javascript Origin

khaled wrote:

If there's a better way of doing it I'd love to know about it, since I know (from you smile ) that it doesn't farewell in the whole Safari environment ...

I'll keep my eyes open, but I'm still pretty sure that it's Safari's fault as there are many more javascript incompatibilities in Safari.  Fortunately, the recent release of Safari has improved javascript support.  In earlier versions, the smooth-scrolling script would cause Safari to jump to the anchor and then reload the entire page.  How's that for javascript misinterpretation?  Fortunately, with the current version of Safari, the smooth-scrolling script only causes Safari to jump to the anchor, it no longer reloads the entire page.

Thank you for posting the link.  I'll keep my eyes open for other options and further improvements to Safari's javascript support.

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

Board footer