Broken Kode Discussion Forums

A place to talk about the Rin and Manji themes

You are not logged in.

#1 02-11-2005 18:27:12

pope411

Crash in ie internet explorer

Hello

Love the theme.  Tried  a search on crashing in ie but came up with nil.  Does this crash in ie, is there something I need to edit to not crash in ie?

pope

#2 02-11-2005 19:40:38

MacManX
Website

Re: Crash in ie internet explorer

The default Rin theme should not crash in IE.  What version of IE are you using?  Have you made any changes to the Rin theme?

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

#3 02-11-2005 19:55:55

pope411

Thanks for the reply.  I'm at home now and the site works in ie 6.0.x.  I'm sure my version at work is just as recent so I can't explain why it crashes.  It doesn't crash in other themes on my work computer.  I did dig up a post at WP where someone crashed in ie after messing with the themes:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/43517

down further in the thread.

#4 03-11-2005 00:28:02

MacManX
Website

If you can, upload a fresh (an un-touched) copy of Rin, temporarily switch to that while you're at work, see if it crashes IE or not, and please report back.

Disclaimer: I am a forum volunteer.  I only represent Rin as a user and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.  The opinions stated in my postings are not necessarily those of Khaled Abou Alfa or his affiliates.

MacManX.com

#5 03-11-2005 09:24:06

pope411

OK I actually discovered I had downloaded Rin 1.0 from the Wordpress theme browser.  So I downloaded Rin 1.1 direct from the brokencode site and installed that theme too.  Without any changes it doesn't seem to crash ie, so it appears it's something I did, although I only commented out a few lines in 1.0.  I'm going to find which lines messed it up and post back.  Thanks for your help.

#6 08-02-2006 16:27:54

phoenix

Trying to figure out what's going on myself I stumbled upon this thread. I'm having essentially the same problem. I had heavily customized the colors and masthead for Rin, and everything worked great in Firefox but in Internet Explorer the site would crash the browser. I've since uploaded a new, untouched version of Rin I just downloaded today and the site still crashes in IE.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

#7 08-02-2006 16:29:48

phoenix

Ack-I realized I should probably post the URL I'm working with:

http://www.millenniumwinter.com/test/

Is the dev area I have WP installed in in order to try new themes and customize them before going live.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

#8 09-02-2006 06:35:54

phoenix

Hmm-it seems I've resolved my own problem, for the most part. The crash isn't reproducable between multiple computers, so I can't very well blame it on the theme; although it happens on some systems it doesn't happen on others.

That being said, I removed the theme entirely from my WP installation and uploaded the most recent version I could have downloaded; I didn't overwrite the existing files like I had done before, I trashed the "rin" directory and re-uploaded a brand new one. That seems to have taken care of the issue for the most part. I'm now in the process of making the changes I had wanted to make before all over again, so if I pin down something reproducable, I'll be sure to share.

Board footer